Absci may provide additional or supplemental privacy notices to individuals for specific products or services that we offer at the time we collect the personal information, for example, in connection with our clinical trials. These supplemental privacy policies govern how we may process your information in those contexts.
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise may include:
- Contact details, such as your first and last name, and email address;
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise;
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications as well as details about how you engage with our communications; and
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type, IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 4G), and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area; and
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
Cookies and similar technologies. Like many online services, we may use the following automatic data collection technologies:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns;
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser, in connection with specific applications; and
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
Public sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from public sources, such as social media platforms.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Service delivery, including to:
- provide, operate, and improve the Service and our business;
- provide information about our products and services;
- communicate with you, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about events in which your participate;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service and respond to your requests, questions, and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, payment processors, customer support, email delivery, and website analytics services);
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us;
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above; and
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Absci or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties or the public on or through our Service, that information can be seen, collected and used by others. We are not responsible for any use of such information by others.
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
Cookies. Most browser settings let you delete and reject cookies placed by websites and many will accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service and it may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand user activity on the Service. You can learn more about Google Analytics cookies here and about how Google protects your data here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our sites by downloading and installing a browser plugin available here.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Decline to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain Service functionality. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory or later request that we delete it, we may not be able to provide that functionality.
Other Sites And Services
The Service may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International Data Transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How To Contact Us
You can reach us by email at [email protected] or at the following mailing address:
18105 SE Mill Plain Blvd
Vancouver, WA 98683